- 2 tbsp butter (can use vegan butter or olive oil for vegan)
- 1/2 lb mushrooms (I used white button, but any will work.)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup potatoes diced into about 1/2 in cubes (I used tiny creamer potatoes and just cut them in half. I left peels on, but that is up to you.)
- 2 small onions diced
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 c vegetable broth (can also use mushroom broth)
- 1 c frozen peas
- store bought refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp ground rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, potatoes and carrots and saute 3-4 minutes. Add onion and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes. Add flour and stir. Stir in vegetable broth. Allow this to cook on medium heat another 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add peas and reduce to a simmer while you prepare your crust.
While that is cooking, roll out one piece of pie crust onto your greased baking dish. I use a 9×9 square baking dish, but you could also use a pie dish. Pour vegetable mixture into your baking dish on top of the bottom crust. Roll out second crust and place on top. Cut a couple of slits near the center for venting. Bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to sit about 5 minutes before serving.