- 2 lbs left over steak (or if using fresh, brown it to a medium rare first)
- 6 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 c + 1/4 c shredded medium hard cheese (white cheddar, monterey jack,
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp Ancho pepper paste
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 c chicken or beef broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice steak into 1 inch cubes. Toss in a bowl with green chilis and 1 c cheese. Put ancho past and broth in a sauce pan and place on medium heat. Once bowling, take 1/4 cup and mix with flour to create a slurry. Whisk this into sauce pan and allow to simmer on low, stirring occassionally. Wrap tortillas in a moist paper towel. Microwave 30 seconds. Fill each tortilla with mixture roll up and place in baking dish, seem side down. An 8×11 pan works perfect for 10. Pour ancho pepper sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
I served with tomatillo salsa!